We always put the safety of our patrons, artists, volunteers and staff first. We look forward to welcoming you safely to the AT&T Performing Arts Center!
- For your safety, magnetometer security screening is in place for all ticketed events. As a reminder, weapons are not permitted inside our venues – with or without a permit.
- A bag policy is in effect for Strauss Square. This limits purses to a clutch-size purse, or a clear plastic handbag. To learn more about those and other requirements click here.
- Lobbies and public spaces are monitored by video.
- Safety personnel are present at all Center performances.
- Our friendly staff and volunteers have been highly trained on all strategies and policies.
- The Center has added new equipment and protocols to improve safety:
- Contactless ticket scanners for entry, allowing the use of mobile device, print-at-home, or physical tickets to gain admission.
- Acrylic guards for concessions, patron services and box office.
- Additional touchless hand sanitizer stations throughout venues.
- Increased staffing to help guide patrons, maintain social distancing and answer questions.
- The Center is in the process of achieving the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) Star Facility Accreditation for stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention in its facilities.
- The Center has reviewed and improved air quality in all our venues, elevating levels of air circulation and filtration.We use CDC recommended air filtration. All HVAC systems have been upgraded with Merv-13 rated filters, changed quarterly, which are more effecting in trapping microscopic particles including Covid-19.
- Ventilation systems are operating to full design capabilities to maximize the number of fresh air exchanges per hour.
- Each elevator contains a UV/Fan system to kill bacteria and virus in the air
We practice thorough disinfection with CDC recommended products paying special attention to high touch areas. Common areas will be equipped with numerous hand sanitizer dispensers.
- Frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces.
- Each escalator handrail has UV system to kill bacteria and virus on handrails
- Deep cleaning between performances using electrostatic disinfectant devices.
- UV wanding system and training in place to sanitize high touch areas as needed. Microphones, ALD devices, 2-way radios, keyboards.
- NanoSeptic® wraps applied to most door handles and elevator call buttons continuously killing viruses on contact.
Public Health Agencies
As the health and safety of our community is our highest priority, we commit to meet or exceed the requirements from the experts at leading public health agencies including:
Our Safety Protocols cover all public areas including entry areas, lobbies, event spaces, restrooms, seating areas, ticket center, stage & backstage, food and beverage preparation and the administrative offices on AT&T Performing Arts Center Campus. The Campus consists of the Winspear Opera House, Wyly Theatre, Sammons Park, the Center Cafe and Strauss Square.
Read our FAQ
Still have questions? Click here to view our FAQ.