Prepare for your Visit
Valid ID’s are required and will be checked for all alcohol purchases regardless of age.
As of the 2020 season, ALL bags outside of the parameters below, will not be allowed inside the venue:
- One bag that is clear plastic or vinyl and does not exceed 12”x6”x12”
- OR One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar) AND a small clutch purse, no larger than 4.5”x 6.5”
- All clear bags and clutch purses will be screened prior to entry into the venue.
- Patrons who need medical supplies or devices and members of the working media are not subject to the new bag policy, but will need to go through the bag check line at the entry gate for a thorough screening of the bag and the medical items.
- The person requiring these supplies or devices must accompany the bag at all times. Media and medical exception bags will be tagged once cleared through security.
Small non-professional personal cameras are allowed in the venue. Flash photography, videography and removable lens cameras ARE NOT PERMITTED WITHOUT VENUE APPROVAL. This policy is subject to change based on the artist or event. Some artists do not permit photography or recording, so please check on the show you are attending to make sure cameras are allowed. Cameras must fit in pocket or small clutch bag.
Performances will be presented rain or shine, but in the case of severe storms it is possible that the concert will be delayed. Any delay or postponement will be made by the artist and venue management and all announcements regarding weather delay will be made on location and via AT&T Performing Arts Center social media platforms. Only in a rare event will a concert be cancelled.
Prior to the concert, check the AT&T Performing Arts Center Facebook page or Twitter page for any updates. During the concert, any weather-related messages would be conveyed onsite via loudspeakers and online via social media.
Due to the lack of structural shelters at Annette Strauss Square, if and when it has been determined the venue must be evacuated, patrons must exit the grounds and seek safe shelter until notified by the AT&T Performing Arts Center staff or AT&T Performing Arts Center social media.
Seating on the lawn is always first come, first serve.
Blankets are allowed on the lawn for seating. Space on the lawn may be limited, so we ask that all blankets be folded directly under your occupied area only. Please be courteous of other patrons near you and do not take up more space than is needed. Space on lawn will be limited on certain events.
Chairs that meet the following criteria are permitted on the lawn area:
- Structure does not matter
- Chair leg height not to exceed 4”
- Lounge or chaise style chairs not permitted
- Some examples of permitted chairs
Lost And Found
Patrons are encouraged to speak to a Patron Services Representative during events to inquire about any lost items. Any items not retrieved will be held for 45 days after event and any unclaimed items will be donated or discarded. To inquire about lost items, you may also call AT&T Performing Arts Center Public Safety at 214-978-3620 or visit https://www.attpac.org/your-visit/accessibility/lost-and-found/.
Outside Food Or Beverage
No food or beverages from sources outside of Annette Strauss Square are allowed inside of the venue. However, certain items purchased at the Center Café may be permitted.
The following list identifies some prohibited items; however, AT&T Performing Arts Center staff has the right to refuse any personal property that is a potential hazard to others and any other item deemed inappropriate or dangerous (see Bag Policy above for more details):
- Aerosol cans
- Camelback style hydration packs/water reservoirs
- Glass or metal containers
- Glow sticks
- Go-Pro Cameras
- Hula Hoops
- Illegal drugs (of any kind)
- Inflatables (beach balls, balloons, chairs, sofas, etc.)
- Laser pens or pointers
- Musical instruments
- Noise-making devices
- Outside food and beverage
- Picnic baskets
- Selfie Sticks
- Signs and/or posters
- Skateboards, scooters or any wheeled devices other than ADA compliant modes
- Strollers or car seats
- Weapons, including toys or cosplay items made to resemble weapons
Re-entry is generally prohibited at the Annette Strauss Square. Please ensure that everything you will need for the event is brought with you. Guests who have a medical or other emergency and need to re-enter should contact a Patron Services representative for assistance.
Security And Screening
For the safety of guests, patrons and their possessions are subject to search as a condition of admittance.
Upon entering the venue, all patrons will be subject to the same security screening process which includes walk-through metal detectors and, in some cases, hand wands. In addition, all bags, purses, blankets, and personal items are subject for inspection. Please prepare accordingly; remove hats, jackets, and sunglasses and empty pockets of cell phones, keys, wallets, and any other items prior to entering the metal detectors.
Ticketholders should be aware that there are no provisions for returning banned items left at the venue entrances. We encourage you to leave all banned items at home or in your vehicle before entering the venue. AT&T Performing Arts Center reserves the right to refuse admission to any person not in compliance with all policies or the explicit direction of venue staff. If you have a medical reason for not wanting to be searched via metal detectors, please notify Public Safety staff upon arrival at the gate and they will provide an alternative.
The AT&T Performing Arts Center and Annette Strauss Square are no smoking facilities. Smoking, e-cigarettes, or other combustible organic materials use are not allowed anywhere in the facility. Violation of the policy may result in removal from the facility.
No one admitted under the age of 13 without a parent or guardian.
The carrying of weapons and/or firearms is prohibited at Annette Strauss Square, under Texas Penal Code 30.06 and 30.07 even if you have a license. Weapons of any kind, including, but not limited to; guns, knives, explosives, brass knuckles, Tasers, mace or pepper spray; are not permitted.
From Dallas North Tollway
- Turn onto the Dallas North Tollway South service road.
- Merge onto Dallas North Tollway South (toll required).
- Take the exit toward Harry Hines Blvd. downtown.
- Merge onto Harry Hines Blvd.
- Turn left at Moody St.
- Continue onto N. Pearl St.
- Turn left onto the Woodall Rodgers Fwy. service road.
- Turn right on the first road past the red glass Winspear Opera House onto Jack Evans.
- The entrance to Lexus Red Parking will be on your right.
From DFW Airport:
- Take the South exit out of DFW Airport.
- Merge onto TX-183 toward Irving/Dallas.
- TX-183 becomes I-35E South/US-77 South.
- Merge onto TX-366 West Woodall Rodgers Fwy.
- East toward I-45/Houston/US-75.
- Take the Pearl St. exit.
- Take a right (or head east) on the Woodall Rodgers service road.
- Turn right on the first road past the red glass Winspear Opera House onto Jack Evans (one street East of Pearl Street).
- The entrance to Lexus Red Parking will be on your right.
From US 75/I-45
- Take US 75/I-45 toward downtown Dallas.
- Take exit 1A toward I-35E S/Waco (Woodall Rodgers Fwy.)
- Take the Pearl St. exit.
- U-Turn at Pearl St. light and merge onto the eastbound Woodall Rodgers Fwy. service road.
- Turn right on Jack Evans St. (first road past the Winspear Opera House)
- The entrance to Lexus Red Parking will be on your right.
Via DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit)
- Take the DART Red or Blue Line toward downtown.
- Exit at the Pearl St. DART Rail Station.
- The Center is three blocks north and one block east at Flora and Leonard St.
The AT&T Performing Arts Center offers underground, on-site, valet and self-parking options during performance times.
The Lexus Red Parking facility is located on the north end of Jack Evans Street, below the Winspear Opera House.
The Lexus Silver Parking facility is located below Dallas City Performance Hall, directly across (east) Jack Evans from the Wyly Theatre. There is a secure underground tunnel that provides direct access to the Wyly Theatre from Lexus Silver.
How to Purchase Parking
Parking may be purchased in advance through the Box Office, up to two hours before curtain; on the AT&T Performing Arts Center website, up to the day prior to the performance; or at the gate prior to an event, with cash or credit card. Event parking is available to all guests at the following rates:
Valet Parking $27
(There is limited valet parking available in both Lexus Red and Silver Parking. Advance purchase is strongly recommended.)
Self Parking $17
Season Subscribers receive discounts on prepaid parking.
Purchase by Phone
Call the Box Office at 214-880-0202.
Parking is also open in Lexus Red during non-event times. The facility is fully automated and payments can be made as you leave at either of the pay stations located on P1 or P2 levels. The pay stations accept cash or credit. For those who wish to pay within the exit lane, our exit stations only accept credit cards. You must have your ticket with you at the time of exit to process payment.
Daily Parking Rates During Non-Event Times
New Early Bird Parking
$6 Monday through Friday only, must be in before 9:00 a.m. and out before 6:00 p.m.
- Free up to 30 Minutes
- $6 up to 3 Hours
- $12 3 to 5 hours
- $15 Over 5 Hours
Lexus Priority Parking
Patrons driving Lexus vehicles have access to the Lexus Priority Parking spaces on Level 1 of Lexus Red. Lexus Priority Parking is limited to 50 spaces and is first come, first served. Plan to arrive early when visiting the Center to secure your priority space. Self-parking rates apply.
Designated Handicap Parking
Handicap parking spaces are located on all levels of Lexus Red and in Lexus Silver, adjacent to the elevators. These spaces are available on a first come, first served basis.
Box Office Parking
Parking is available in Lexus Red for those visiting the box office to purchase or pick up tickets in advance of a show. The first 30 minutes are free. After 30 minutes, the parking rate is $6 during non-performance times. Additionally, there are a few one-hour parking spaces on Flora Street outside the Information Center.
Will Call Parking/Lost Parking Pass
During performance times, a list of all those who have pre-purchased parking for that performance is located in Lexus Red. Patrons can check with the parking attendants to verify their purchase.
Parking Facility Height Limits
Vehicles can be no taller than 8’ 4” on level P1, and 7’ on levels P2 and P3 in Lexus Red. Vehicles can be no taller than 8’ 2” for Lexus Silver.
Additional convenient parking is available throughout the Dallas Arts District.
The AT&T Performing Arts Center is in compliance with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”): and strives to make its performances and facilities accessible to all our patrons. For additional information or if you have questions, need assistance, or an accommodation not mentioned below, please contact the Access Liaison at 214-978-3632 or email@example.com.
- Day-of-Show Parking: Designated accessible parking for vehicles bearing valid Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) disability parking placards or license plates is available on a first-come, first-served basis on all levels of Lexus Red and in Lexus Silver, adjacent to the elevators. Let parking staff know that you require accessible parking and they will direct you to available ADA spaces. Lexus Silver Parking is not always available. Please check with the venue or purchase parking in advance.
- Access: Elevator access is available from Lexus Red Parking and Lexus Silver Parking for patrons with limited mobility.
- Interpreter Requests: The AT&T Performing Arts Center offers sign language interpretation upon request. Requests for sign language interpreters must be received at least two weeks prior to the event. These requests are subject to the availability of an interpreter and are provided at the discretion of the management.
- Accommodations: All venue bathrooms, concession stands, and merchandise stands are ADA accessible.
- Service Animals: With the exception of trained service animals or animals used as part of a production, no pets are allowed in the facility. Service animals must be under the control of its handler at all times. Service animals must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless the individual’s disability prevents using these devices or these devices interfere with the service animal’s safe, effective performance of tasks. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls.
- Hearing Devices: Assistive Listening Devices are available in all venues. There is no charge for the device, but a valid ID is required. Please see a Guest Services representative on arrival.
- Services for the Deaf: A TDD (Telecommunications Device for the Deaf) number is open during regular Box Office hours; please call 214-880-0202.
- Special Seating: Special seating locations for persons with disabilities may be arranged in advance by calling 214-880-0202.
Urgent Message Delivery: We request mobile devices be silenced during performances. Please feel free to check your messages at an appropriate break or intermission. Additionally, Guest Services is happy to deliver urgent messages. 214-978-3620 should be provided as a point of contact number if urgent message delivery is expected. Patron name, section, row and seat number are required. Please see any Guest Services representative at the theater if you need to use this service.
Emergency/Security Hotline: Should an emergency arise during a performance, please call 214-978-3620.
Named Dallas’ best outdoor venue by the Dallas Observer
The AT&T Performing Arts Center’s outdoor performance venue is named for a late former mayor of Dallas, Annette Strauss. Located adjacent to Elaine D. and Charles A. Sammons Park, Annette Strauss Square provides a serene setting for outdoor performances, festivals and events.
The primary features of the venue include the large lawn, Shannon and Ted Skokos Pavilion, the Porch at Strauss Square and Performance Plaza. The exterior of the Skokos Pavilion is clad in diamond-shaped panels arranged in a random mixture of silver anodized aluminum and brushed zinc finishes. This mixture of finishes heightens the play of light reflecting on the building. The front of the stage house incorporates roller shutter doors, which retract to allow large speaker arrays to project during performances, then return to their protected enclosure when not in use. Concrete walls border the lawn to ensure patrons are not distracted by nearby traffic, and to provide a barrier for ticketed events.
The space, designed by Foster + Partners, is open to the public when not being utilized for private events. The venue can accommodate more than 2,000 visitors.
Please contact the Box Office for a specific seating plan for the show you are attending. Standard seating arrangements are shown in the Seating Charts tab.