Holiday Tours Are Back!
Join us for a free backstage tour of the Margot and Bill Winspear Opera House featuring the Moody Foundation Chandelier Light Show. All tours begin at the Reception Desk in the front lobby of the Margot and Bill Winspear Opera House and last approximately 45 minutes.
2021 Holiday Tour Dates and Hours
- Saturday, December 18th at 9:00 a.m.
- Saturday, December 18th at 11:00 a.m..
- Wednesday, December 22nd at 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, December 23rd at 4:00 p.m.
There are no First Saturday Tours at this time.
First Saturday Tours are set to resume in January 2022. Visit this page for more updates!
The first tours of each day will begin at 10:00AM and then every 30 minutes thereafter, with the last tour leaving at 11:30AM. All tours start in the Winspear Opera House lobby. Tours are 45 minutes in duration and include a visit to the Wyly Theatre. There is no need to make a reservation.
- Conducted by trained and experienced docents
- Free of charge
- 8 years of age or older recommended
First Saturday Tours are the only in person tours available at this time.
The mission of the AT&T Performing Arts Center Docent Team is to deliver world-class tours of its venues which include the Margot and Bill Winspear Opera House, Dee and Charles Wyly Theatre, Annette Strauss Square, and the Elaine D. and Charles A. Sammons Park.
Tours are provided free of charge.
At the discretion of the Center:
- Groups with 30 or more participants may be split between multiple Docents.
- Groups smaller than 30 participants may be combined with other groups.
Given on-going programming, we do not guarantee that all areas of all venues will be available for viewing on every tour. The Docents will do their best to show as much of the Center as possible given any time constraints of the group.