Health Takes Center Stage
We put the safety of our patrons, artists, volunteers and staff first. We are eager to welcome you back safely to our campus. Based on guidance from health authorities and government agencies, we have implemented new safety measures. As we move forward, we will continue to monitor guidelines from the leading public health agencies for the latest information, so we are continually updating these protocols.
CAMPUS SAFETY MEASURES
PUBLIC HEALTH AGENCIES
All staff and visitors entering our buildings are required to wear face masks covering the nose and mouth while inside.
- The Center will continue to provide free masks to those who forget to bring one.
- Indoor Masking Policies (Winspear Opera House and Wyly Theatre)
- Masks are required while moving about and seated, regardless of vaccination status.
- Removing masks to enjoy concessions in the lobby is acceptable.
- For the time being, concession consumption will be limited to the lobby.
- Concessions will not be permitted inside the chamber.
- Outdoor Masking Policies (Strauss Square and Sammons Park)
|Robust Safety Policy|
The AT&T Performing Arts Center is working with its producer partners, artists, and performing arts centers around the nation to develop the most comprehensive plan to keep our guests, staff, volunteers and artists safe.
- Our friendly staff and volunteers have been highly trained on all strategies and policies.
- Are masked in accordance with our venue policy and artist requirements.
- Work with patrons to maintain social distancing in all spaces.
- Are temperature screened and answer heath screening questions prior to entry; entry denied if temperature is elevated or questionnaire indicates potential Covid exposure.
- Covid-testing implemented as needed.
- The Center has added new equipment and protocols to improve safety:
- Contactless ticket scanners for entry, allowing the use of mobile device, print-at-home, or physical tickets to gain admission.
- Acrylic guards for concessions, patron services and box office.
- Additional touchless hand sanitizer stations throughout venues.
- Increased staffing to help guide patrons, maintain social distancing and answer questions.
- Video monitoring to ensure social distancing.
- The Center is in the process of achieving the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) Star Facility Accreditation for stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention in its facilities.
- For your safety, magnetometer security screening is in place for all ticketed events. As a reminder, weapons are not permitted inside our venues – with or without a permit.
- A bag policy is in effect for Strauss Square. This limits purses to a clutch-size purse, or a clear plastic handbag. To learn more about those and other requirements click here.
|Healthy Ventilation Initiative|
- The Center has reviewed and improved air quality in all our venues, elevating levels of air circulation and filtration.
- We use CDC recommended air filtration. All HVAC systems have been upgraded with Merv-13 rated filters, changed quarterly, which are more effecting in trapping microscopic particles including Covid-19.
- Ventilation systems are operating to full design capabilities to maximize the number of fresh air exchanges per hour.
- Each elevator contains a UV/Fan system to kill bacteria and virus in the air
|Increased Cleaning & Sanitation Procedures|
We will continue thorough and more frequent disinfection with CDC recommended products and special attention to high touch areas. Common areas will be equipped with numerous hand sanitizer dispensers.
- Frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces.
- Each escalator handrail has UV system to kill bacteria and virus on handrails
- Deep cleaning between performances using electrostatic disinfectant devices.
- UV wanding system and training in place to sanitize high touch areas as needed. Microphones, ALD devices, 2-way radios, keyboards.
- NanoSeptic® wraps applied to most door handles and elevator call buttons continuously killing viruses on contact.
- Restroom and elevator occupancy limited and monitored at all times.
Public Health Agencies
As the health and safety of our community is our highest priority, we commit to meet or exceed the requirements from the experts at leading public health agencies including:
Our Safety Protocols cover all public areas including entry areas, lobbies, event spaces, restrooms, seating areas, ticket center, stage & backstage, food and beverage preparation and the administrative offices on AT&T Performing Arts Center Campus. The Campus consists of the Winspear Opera House, Wyly Theatre, Sammons Park, the Center Cafe and Strauss Square.
Read our FAQ
We know you have a lot of questions, and we are working hard to provide answers as we navigate through these ever-changing circumstances. Click here to view our FAQ.
Sign Up for AT&T Performing Arts Center Emails
We will continue to communicate the specific safety protocols that we are undertaking and how they will enhance your experience. For the most up-to-date information, continue to check this page and sign up for our e-mail list here.