Health Takes Center Stage
Health Takes Center Stage
We always put the safety of our patrons, artists, volunteers and staff first. We are eager to welcome you back safely to the AT&T Performing Arts Center. We continue to monitor guidelines from the leading public health agencies for the latest information and update policies accordingly. These are subject to change.
|Mask Policy For All Venues|
- Masks are optional, but are encouraged at all times.
- Please note: The Center has chosen to honor individual requests from our performers and resident companies for mask requirements, COVID-19 testing and/or vaccine proof. Ticket buyers will be notified in advance of these additional requirements for specific events in the ticket purchase path or by email.
- Removing masks to enjoy concessions in the venues is acceptable.
- Provide distance between yourself and others whenever possible.
Policies are subject to change based on the latest guidance from public health agencies. Purchase of tickets acknowledges consent to this Code of Conduct.
|Robust Safety Policy|
The AT&T Performing Arts Center is working with its producer partners, artists, and performing arts centers around the nation to develop the most comprehensive plan to keep our guests, staff, volunteers and artists safe.
- All venue staff and volunteers working performances are fully vaccinated.
- Our friendly staff and volunteers have been highly trained on all strategies and policies.
- Work with patrons to maintain social distancing in all spaces.
- Covid-testing implemented as needed.
- The Center has added new equipment and protocols to improve safety:
- Contactless ticket scanners for entry, allowing the use of mobile device, print-at-home, or physical tickets to gain admission.
- Acrylic guards for concessions, patron services and box office.
- Additional touchless hand sanitizer stations throughout venues.
- Increased staffing to help guide patrons, maintain social distancing and answer questions.
- Video monitoring to ensure social distancing.
- The Center is in the process of achieving the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) Star Facility Accreditation for stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention in its facilities.
- For your safety, magnetometer security screening is in place for all ticketed events. As a reminder, weapons are not permitted inside our venues – with or without a permit.
- A bag policy is in effect for Strauss Square. This limits purses to a clutch-size purse, or a clear plastic handbag. To learn more about those and other requirements click here.
|Healthy Ventilation Initiative|
- The Center has reviewed and improved air quality in all our venues, elevating levels of air circulation and filtration.
- We use CDC recommended air filtration. All HVAC systems have been upgraded with Merv-13 rated filters, changed quarterly, which are more effecting in trapping microscopic particles including Covid-19.
- Ventilation systems are operating to full design capabilities to maximize the number of fresh air exchanges per hour.
- Each elevator contains a UV/Fan system to kill bacteria and virus in the air
|Increased Cleaning & Sanitation Procedures|
We will continue thorough and more frequent disinfection with CDC recommended products and special attention to high touch areas. Common areas will be equipped with numerous hand sanitizer dispensers.
- Frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces.
- Each escalator handrail has UV system to kill bacteria and virus on handrails
- Deep cleaning between performances using electrostatic disinfectant devices.
- UV wanding system and training in place to sanitize high touch areas as needed. Microphones, ALD devices, 2-way radios, keyboards.
- NanoSeptic® wraps applied to most door handles and elevator call buttons continuously killing viruses on contact.
- Restroom and elevator occupancy limited and monitored at all times.
Public Health Agencies
As the health and safety of our community is our highest priority, we commit to meet or exceed the requirements from the experts at leading public health agencies including:
Our Safety Protocols cover all public areas including entry areas, lobbies, event spaces, restrooms, seating areas, ticket center, stage & backstage, food and beverage preparation and the administrative offices on AT&T Performing Arts Center Campus. The Campus consists of the Winspear Opera House, Wyly Theatre, Sammons Park, the Center Cafe and Strauss Square.
Read our FAQ
We know you have a lot of questions, and we are working hard to provide answers as we navigate through these ever-changing circumstances. Click here to view our FAQ.