Terms & Conditions
Code Of Conduct
- Protective face masks are required:
- Inside – At all times.
- Outside – When not seated.
- Patrons are encouraged to bring their own masks. If you forget, one will be provided.
- Follow entrance, seating and exiting instructions.
- Watch for floor markers to help maintain 6-foot spacing in lines, lobbies and public spaces.
- If you do not feel well, or have COVID-19 symptoms or exposure, please stay home.
- Treat patrons, artists and staff with patience and respect.
- Anyone who does not comply will be asked to leave.
Purchase of tickets acknowledges consent to Code of Conduct and policies.
COVID-19 Safety Strategies
Here are some of the steps the AT&T Performing Arts Center is taking to help boost safety for our patrons, staff, volunteers and artists.
- Our friendly staff and volunteers:
- Have been trained on all strategies and policies.
- Will wear masks at all times.
- Will work with patrons to maintain social distancing in all spaces.
- Will be temperature screened before entry to facilities and not allowed to enter if elevated.
- New equipment and protocols we’ve added to improve safety:
- Touch-free payments and ticket scanning.
- Additional touchless hand sanitizer stations throughout venues.
- Increased staffing to help guide patrons, maintain social distancing and answer questions.
- Added signage and social distance floor markers at all cueing locations, including parking garage, elevator lobbies, concessions, patron services, merchandise locations, restrooms, and box office.
- Floor markers will be used to help maintain 6-foot spacing in lines, lobbies and public spaces.
- Frequent cleaning on touch surfaces.
- Deep cleaning between performances using electrostatic disinfectant devices.
- Frequent HVAC circulation to bring in fresh outdoor air during and between performances.
- More frequent changing of HEPA air filters.
- Acrylic guards in place for concessions, patron services and box office.
- Backstage, here’s what we’re doing:
- Each company, performance piece and art form is unique and strategies may be adjusted to meet the mechanics of that program The Center’s team will work with the arts organizations and its teams, artists, crew, staff and appropriate unions to create an environment that creates space and mitigates risk before, during and after performances.
- With the exception of onstage performance and rehearsals, artists, crew and staff will be required to wear masks.
- The Center encourages arts organizations themselves to develop thoughtful strategies and follow best practices to keep everyone as safe as possible during casting, rehearsals, set building and tear-down and performances.
Tickets and Fees
- We only guarantee the authenticity of tickets purchased directly from the AT&T Performing Arts Center (the Center). We do not guarantee or recommend the purchase of tickets through any third-party reseller (broker or individual). Tickets purchased through third-party resellers may be determined to be fraudulent and admission to the event may be denied without compensation.
- All tickets purchased online, over the phone or in person, including season ticket packages, are:
- A final sale and nonrefundable. No refunds of tickets or fees, for reasons including, but not limited to seat location or quality of event.
- May be subject to facility, order, convenience, handling or other fees.
- May not be resold, transferred or distributed to any ticket broker or any other person for any amount other than the price printed on the ticket.
- Missed events will not be refunded.
- Where applicable, sales and use tax is included in the ticket purchase price; however, the presenting organization may be a nonprofit organization and exempt from collecting Texas state sales taxes on amusement services.
- Due to the nature of event bookings; dates, times, performers and schedules are subject to change. In the event of a change, the Center reserves the right to present a substitution for productions or performers currently scheduled.
- By completing a ticket transaction, you agree to receive e-mail communications from the Center and/or the presenting organization of the event(s) purchased. If you do not wish to receive communications via e-mail you will be presented with an option to unsubscribe.
- The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risk and danger incidental to the event for which this ticket is issued, whether occurring prior to, during or after the event.
- The total price of your ticket or order reflects the face value of your tickets plus ticket fees, which can include a facility fee, order processing fee, service fee, and sometimes a mail/delivery fee. Please note that fees may vary by venue.
- Facility fee: Each venue may require a facility fee per ticket, which supports the operation and maintenance of the venue.
- Order processing fee: Applied to each order to offset the costs of order processing and ticket handling.
- Service fee: Applied to each ticket, this fee helps offset staffing and operational costs.
- Delivery fee: Ticket delivery options vary depending on the event. A per-order or per-ticket fee may be added to cover the costs of the delivery option selected.
- Group sales fees: Sales of 10 or more tickets may include fees and are required to be processed through our Group Sales Department. When applicable, groups of 10 or more may save up to 30%, which varies by event. Please call 214-978-2879 for details or to place an order.
- Ticket prices and fees are subject to change at any time without notice:
- Pricing is established and approved by each show. Ticket prices are dynamically priced. Show capacity, venue, day of week, time, sales promotion and market demand may impact pricing.
- Pricing adjustments are not pre-determined and may occur at any time.
- Ticket prices may decrease below the initial ticket price, but we do not offer price adjustments or refunds. As with all our tickets, all sales are final and non-refundable.
- We have the right to cancel any sale and refund you the full amount paid, including all fees if:
- The amount you pay for a ticket is incorrect because of an error in price posted on our website or otherwise communicated to you.
- If you are able to purchase tickets on our website prior to the scheduled on-sale or presale date.
- If you are able to purchase a ticket that was not intended to be released for sale.
- A website, transactional or human error occurred.
- Ticket exchanges are subject to availability and not available for all events.
- When allowable, tickets may be exchanged to another event of the same production for an additional per-ticket fee.
- Any exchange may incur a ticket price difference due to event date, seating section or ticket pricing, which is separate from the per-ticket exchange fee, that is due at the time of the exchange. No refunds will be given for exchanges to a lower priced event or seating section.
- The Center prohibits the unlawful resale or attempted unlawful resale, counterfeit or copy of tickets in order to protect the public from fraudulent activity. We reserve the right to seize and cancel tickets without compensation as well as restrict or deny ticket purchasing privileges to anyone that we determine to be, or has been, in violation of our policy. You are responsible for complying with all applicable resale laws.
- Subscription packages are purchased, issued and seated subject to the policies and regulations of the Center. By purchasing season tickets, you agree and accept all Terms and Conditions of Sale. Pricing includes handling and facility fees. A $3 order and $2.50 mailing fee applies. Renewal privileges are extended at the discretion of the Center and are subject to revocation at any time. The Center anticipates that subscribers will have the opportunity to renew for the subsequent season. After the renewal deadline, orders not renewed will be cancelled and seats made available to the general public. The Center, in its sole discretion, reserves the right for any reason whatsoever not to renew any season tickets or change the seat location assigned to the subscriber.
Subscription Add-On Shows
- The Center, and its partners, may offer priority access to subscribers for shows presented by other organizations. The Center does not establish ticket policy, pricing, fees, or exchange privileges, if any, for the shows. Inventory and seat locations may be limited and subject to availability.
- Event tickets are a revocable license that may be retracted and admission may be refused upon refunding of the purchase price.
- Ticket is valid only for the event date and time listed on the ticket. Events, including outdoor, are performed rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather, an event may be delayed until conditions are safe for patrons and performers.
- If an event is rescheduled, original tickets will be honored for the new date unless otherwise noted in official communications from the Center.
- Every person, regardless of age, must have a ticket to enter the facility, including lap children. Children under the age of 4 will not be admitted unless the event is family friendly and appropriate for all ages. Please see the event description for the event you are purchasing for guidelines.
- Everyone must be able to sit quietly through a 90 minute (or longer) event without disrupting others. Ushers may ask parents whose children are noisy to remove them from the venue. If there is a repeated disruption by anyone, we reserve the right to revoke admission and refund your purchase.
- Latecomers may not be able to take their seats immediately on arrival and will be seated at an appropriate interval in the event.
- The Center is compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act, welcomes all patrons, and offers a variety of services to meet specific accommodations.
- Photographers or film crews occasionally operate at the AT&T Performing Arts Center. By entering these premises, you are consenting to being filmed and/or captured in photographs which may be used for public relations and marketing materials.
- For your safety, you and your belongings may be searched upon entry to the event. You consent to such searches and waive any related claims that may arise. If you elect not to consent to such searches, you may be denied entry to the event.
- Under certain facility or artist rules, certain items may not be brought into the venue, including without limitation: alcohol, food, drugs, controlled substances, cameras, cell phones, recording devices, laser pointers, strobe lights, irritants (e.g., artificial noisemakers), bundles, containers and chairs.
- If an event is canceled, we will contact you to inform you of the exchange or cancellation procedure.