Grants Support Small Dallas Nonprofit Arts Organizations
Applications Will Be Accepted Until 3/15
The nonprofit AT&T Performing Arts Center today announced that applications for Moody Fund for the Arts (“MFA”) grants are now being accepted at moodyartsfund.org until March 15, 2019. MFA was created to provide flexible grants to small Dallas arts groups that are supported by the City of Dallas Office of Cultural Affairs. They must be nonprofit and have annual budgets of less than $1 million. In 2018, MFA awarded $150,000 in grants to 36 groups. The maximum grant is $7,500.
Submissions will be reviewed through a two-tiered panel selection process which will include arts educators, administrators, advocates, philanthropists and a Cultural Affairs Commissioner. Grants awards will be announced in June 2019. Applicants can find information on categories and scoring, including a judging rubric and downloadable application, on the fund’s website.
MFA Grants may be awarded for:
- Commissions of original works and artistic collaborations.
- Support for new works, innovative programs and offsetting rent and production costs at Moody Performance Hall and other venues.
- Programs, projects and exhibitions that address important issues of cultural equity and community access to the arts.
- Programs that create and deliver cultural experiences to all parts of Dallas and the hosting of artist-in-residency programs.
- Operating, staff and marketing support for new initiatives.
- Support of capacity building.
- Other projects deemed important to the vibrancy of the arts in the city.
The Moody Fund for the Arts is a $10 million endowment that is part of a $22 million gift from the Moody Foundation to the arts in Dallas, including a $12 million gift to the AT&T Performing Arts Center’s capital campaign. In recognition of the generosity of the Galveston-based Moody Foundation, the City of Dallas renamed Dallas City Performance Hall in the Dallas Arts District to Moody Performance Hall.
Applicants can e-mail questions about the grant submission process to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 214-978-2840.