Careers at the Center
Since opening in 2009, the nonprofit AT&T Performing Arts Center has become a vibrant gathering place and cultural destination for diverse audiences worldwide. Located in the heart of downtown Dallas, the Center operates and programs three premier performance venues and a 10-acre park for music, opera, theatre, dance, free community programs and more. The Center includes the Margot and Bill Winspear Opera House, Dee and Charles Wyly Theatre, and the Annette Strauss Square. They’re all tied together by the Elaine D. and Charles A. Sammons Park.
Our Purpose – Shape the stage for life to thrive in Dallas
Our Vision – To be a catalyst for imaginative excellence that enables economic and artistic growth for Dallas
Our Mission – We are a vibrant cultural hub that provides, operates, and activates, exceptional spaces for artists, artistic organizations, and our community
- We operate responsibly: Serve as dutiful stewards for our campus and sustainably fulfill our mission
- We value artists: Bring innovative, relevant and distinctive performances to our spaces and ensure the success of our Resident Companies and partners
- We care for our communities: Be a leader in arts advocacy; listen to, empower, and uplift our artists, artistic organizations, and communities
- We deliver quality: Ensure every aspect of the customer experience is enriching, impactful, and memorable
- We inspire the next generation: Cultivate the future of the arts through impactful arts education and community engagement programs
- We are inclusive: Welcome and celebrate the histories, identities, and experience of our audiences
- We energize the city: Strengthen the vibrancy of the Dallas Arts District and make Dallas a better place
At the core of the Center’s culture are the values that shape the actions of its people. We are deeply committed to cultivating an atmosphere of inclusion, diversity, and equity, extending our dedication to our staff, artists, community, and beyond. Our foremost commitment is to listen to each other, learn from each other, and take a stand for what we know is right. By doing so, we strive to ensure that each and every individual feels valued, respected, and secure within our organization.
The Center’s Core Values are to passionately pursue our mission by being:
- Achievement Focused – Committed to the advancement and cultivation of the performing arts in Dallas
- Community Minded – Actively fostering and participating in meaningful community interactions
- Customer Service Driven – Dedicated to the service of internal and external constituents so that all want to return
- Flexible – Willing to change to achieve results
Please review our open positions if you want to join the Center staff. Applications are accepted for specific openings only. Please supply a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements as noted in the job description.
It is the policy of the Center to afford equal employment opportunity to all, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.