Reliant Lights Your Holidays: New Year's Eve Edition
Concert and Fireworks Spectacular
5:30PM Saturday, December 31, 2016
For 2020 Reliant Lights Your Holidays details, click here.
Free Family Friendly concert, lighting and fireworks show
Reliant lights up the holidays at the AT&T Performing Arts Center, so bring your entire family for an evening of holiday magic. We’ll be illuminating the Center’s campus with dazzling LED lights to celebrate the arrival of the New Year! This FREE festival includes a gigantic New Year’s Eve fireworks show and holiday concert featuring A.B. Quintanilla y Elektro Kumbia, a performance by the cast of The Book of Mormon, and community performances from South Grand Prairie High School Ballet Folklorico, Tap Dazzlers, and Studio One Dance Center’s Elite Competition Team. The festivities begin at 5:30 so the entire family can enjoy the magic of New Year’s Eve together (and still get the kiddos home by 9)!
RSVP TO WIN!
RSVP to let us know you are coming and you will automatically be entered to win a family four-pack of tickets to the New Year’s Day performance in the Winspear Opera House of Lightwire Theater’s A Very Electric Christmas! Deadline for entry by Friday, Dec 30th!
BUT WAIT, I ALREADY RSVP’D!
Never fear, we will carry over your RSVP to the rescheduled date, and you will still be entered to win Lightwire Theater tickets. Thank you for your patience while we confirmed the details for this special New Year’s Eve Edition of Reliant Lights Your Holidays!
A.B. Quintanilla y Elektro Kumbia
Founded by bassist and brother of the late Selena Quintanilla (and frontman for Los Kumbia Kings and Kumbia All Starz), A.B. Quintanilla is proud to introduce his new act, Elektro Kumbia! This new cumbia group – which the entire Latin Music industry is already buzzing about – is ready to take the music industry by storm! Featuring Nick Banda (keyboard), Ruben Rea (guitar), Zuriel Ramirez (vocals), Alfonso Ramirez (vocals), Ramon Vargas (vocals), Liz Juarez (percussion, vocals), Saul Cisneros (drums), and, of course, A.B. Quintanilla himself!
- SOUTH GRAND PRAIRIE HIGH SCHOOL BALLET FOLKLORICO – For the past two decades SGP folkloric dancers have performed, travel and compete dances in costumes that reflect the traditional culture of Mexico that transmits so much energy and happiness to each and every dancer that has a passion for Mexican dancing. Mexican Folk dance or baile folklórico allows students from all backgrounds to experience and understand dance as a component of the Mexican heritage, giving Mexican-American students particularly a special opportunity to identify with and learn about their culture.
- TAP DAZZLERS – Founded and directed in 1990 by Fran Dempsey, age 77, a former Kilgore Rangerette officer, these tappers have performed at more than 2,000 events throughout the state, featured in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and have appeared in this children’s parade for 25 years.
- STUDIO ONE DANCE CENTER’S ELITE COMPETITION TEAM – Studio One’s team has been featured dancing at Walt Disney World for their Performing Arts productions and the televised Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade. During the 2015-2016 season, the team performed in Cozumel, Mexico and on the Carnival Triumph Cruise ship. The Elite Company teams have won numerous awards competitively, but the company’s primary focus is community outreach and giving back.
- 5:30 Festival Opens
- 5:50 Community Performances Begin
- 6:30 A.B. Quintanilla y Elktro Kumbia
- 7:20 Light and Fireworks Spectacular
- 8:30 Festival Closes