Virtual Monologue Competition
All North Texas high school students are invited to participate in the Center’s Virtual Monologue Competition and submit one-minute video monologues of their choice for the chance to win a $1,000 cash prize. The top 10 finalists will receive one-on-one coaching and the opportunity to have their monologue professionally filmed.
The Center encourages students who plan to study theatre at the collegiate level to use this as an opportunity to begin preparing their audition video submissions. The competition requirements and filming guidelines have intentionally been made flexible to allow students to follow the audition requirements for the college programs they wish to pursue.
Requirements for submissions:
• Participants will submit a 60 second monologue by providing an unlisted YouTube link in the appropriate registration form field.
• Students must be currently enrolled in grades 9-12 to be eligible.
• Please do not slate.
• No costumes or props are allowed.
• No technical elements including sets, lighting/sound design or special effects are allowed.
• Only one submission is allowed per student.
• It is recommended that the recording of your monologue replicates a standard audition. The location should be quiet with reasonable acoustics. Clear audio is key; try to avoid echoes.
• Please film your monologue in a space with adequate lighting. Your video should allow the judges to see your face clearly.
• If using a smart phone to record, please shoot in landscape mode from a solid, non-moving surface or tripod.
Submissions for the 2022-2023 Virtual Monologue Competition will be accepted from through Friday, December 16 at 11:59 PM. Finalists will be announced during the Spring semester of 2023. Click here to apply.