A Hamlet Like No Other
This Hamlet is unlike any Hamlet you have ever experienced before, and includes every word, every line of the original text. Please review the day’s schedule below and prepare yourself for a Hamlet you will never forget! Consider purchasing a meal box along with your ticket.
The rest is silence
One of the best known, most performed, most quoted plays in the English language, Shakespeare’s classic tragedy tells the tale of Hamlet, prince of Denmark, and his efforts to avenge his father’s murder. Although Hamlet is a play of revenge, its greatness lies in the unique and thoughtful nature of the prince, who does not so much pursue his revenge as he is swept to it through the events of the play. His preoccupation with the nature and consequences of man’s actions has led critics to call him “the first modern man.”
Round out your night with a boxed dinner from Wolfgang Puck Catering. For your convenience, meal boxes will be served during the dinner break in between acts. Each meal box is $8.95 and includes your choice of sandwich:
- Black Forest Ham and Swiss on Marbled Rye
- Country Roast Turkey and Muenster Cheese on Sourdough
- Roasted Vegetables and Mozzarella on Focaccia
And an apple, potato chips and cookie. You may add meal boxes during your ticket purchase.
- 2pm – Pre-show discussion.
- 3pm – Reading begins.
- 5:30 – Dinner break (time is approximate) with panel discussion featuring Shakespeare Scholars and creatives.
- Shortly after dinner break: Reading resumes.
- Post show Q&A with cast and creative team to follow at conclusion of reading.
This production is part of the following series: