$100K in Grants Will Be Awarded to Small Dallas Arts Groups in First Year
The nonprofit AT&T Performing Arts Center today announced that applications for the first year of grants awarded by the Moody Fund for the Arts (MFA) will be accepted online beginning February 20, 2018 until March 15, 2018. Two public informational meetings are scheduled for January.
MFA was created to provide grants to small and emerging Dallas arts groups that are supported by the City of Dallas Office of Cultural Affairs and have annual budgets of $1 million or less. In 2018, MFA will award $100,000 in grants. The maximum grant request in the first year cannot exceed $7,500.
Grants may be awarded for:
- Commissions of original works and artistic collaborations.
- Support for new works, innovative programs and offsetting rent and production costs at Moody Performance Hall.
- Programs, projects and exhibitions that address important issues of cultural equity and community access to the arts.
- Programs that create and deliver cultural experiences to all parts of Dallas.
- Operating, staff and marketing support for new initiatives.
- Support of production costs and capacity building.
- Hosting artist-in-residency programs.
- Other projects deemed important to the vibrancy of the arts in the city.
Grants may not be used for:
- Fundraising programs or events.
- Political campaigns or lobbying efforts.
- Nonpublic performances.
- Direct support, including travel funds, for individuals or families.
- Religious or faith-based organizations, unless the program does not promote a specific religion or faith and is not restricted to populations of specific religions or faiths.
- Athletic teams and fraternal, veteran, social, alumni or labor organizations (university alumni groups, sororities/fraternities, labor unions, exclusive membership clubs, etc.)
Submissions will be reviewed through a two-tiered panel selection process which will include arts educators, managers, advocates, philanthropists, a Cultural Affairs Commissioner and the director of the Office of Cultural Affairs. Grants will be awarded in June 2018. A new website, which will include the online application process, is under construction and will be announced shortly.
Two public meetings will be held to discuss eligibility, timeline, and the application and review process. The meetings will include a presentation, Q&A, handouts, and light refreshments. Please RSVP by visiting TicketDFW.com.
- Monday, January 8, 2018
- Moody Performance Hall
- 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- 2520 Flora St., Dallas, TX 75201
- Doors open at 5 p.m. Complimentary parking will be provided in Lexus Silver Parking, accessed from Ross Ave.
- Thursday, January 11, 2018
- South Dallas Cultural Center
- 9:30 – 11:00 a.m.
- 3400 S. Fitzhugh Ave., Dallas, TX 75210
- Doors open at 9 a.m. Complimentary parking is available on site.
The Moody Fund for the Arts is a $10 million endowment that is part of a $22 million gift from the Moody Foundation to the arts in Dallas, including a $12 million gift to the AT&T Performing Arts Center’s capital campaign. When fully vested, the endowment is expected to award about $400,000 annually. In recognition of the generosity of the Galveston-based Moody Foundation, the City of Dallas changed the name of Dallas City Performance Hall to Moody Performance Hall in May 2017.