AT&T Performing Arts Center invites student ensembles from across North Texas to perform in Elaine D. and Charles A. Sammons Park prior to shows in the Center’s venues. Community Stage provides a public platform for students from all parts of the city to perform in a professional environment while creating free outdoor entertainment for the Center’s patrons and the Dallas Arts District community.
Community Stage Selection Criteria
Ensembles will be selected according to the following criteria:
- The work reflects an intrinsic artistic excellence appropriate for the students’ age group.
- The work demonstrates an overall technical proficiency with regard to its particular art form.
- The work is fresh, relevant and appropriate for family audiences.
- The presentation of the work is executed in a mature fashion without excess help from the group’s instructor.
- The work is well-rehearsed, memorized and ready for public presentation.
- The work reflects the general mood of the evening’s scheduled performance.
- Ensembles must have 45 minutes of prepared material.
- If applicable, ensembles are responsible for providing their own instruments.
- Group leaders are responsible for coordinating technical needs with the Center at least one week in advance of the performance. Sound equipment will be provided by the Center, and a technician will be assigned to oversee the performance.
- Ensembles must arrive one hour before their scheduled performance for set up and sound check.
- Participating students and instructors will receive complimentary tickets to the evening’s performance. If the scheduled performance is unsuitable for the ensemble’s age group, students will be invited to attend an alternate performance.
- Community Stage performances are free and open to the public, and groups are encouraged to invite family and friends. If your students have family and friends that would like to attend the evening’s performance following the student performance, discounted tickets are available for groups of ten or more.
- The Center will provide an informal dinner for the ensemble prior to the group’s performance.
- If needed, transportation options are available.
Download the application form PDF or fill out the webform below: